Re: [anjuta-devel] 3.10 cycle plans

Hi,

Le 01/04/2013 12:35, Arnel A. Borja a écrit :
Terminal plugin patches now in Bugzilla. The new way of executing
programs may need some testing.

Ok, I will check them.

Do you think I should add a search
functionality in Terminal and DevHelp? I think it would be helpful if
DevHelp plugin has it.

I think the devhelp has already a search bar, no? I have disabled it at the moment and I think I need to install a newer version of Gtk to use it (I have a old system).

I'm now finished on the DevHelp plugin, now in Bugzilla. You could try
compiling it in your system if you use the plugin with "without embedded
DevHelp" configure option, because I only tested it with Webkit2
available, just to check if I broke something.

Ok, I will check it. I will need some time.

Do you mean we will add them to each project that needs support for
Windows?

I think it will be better to add a properties in each project .wiz file to enable or not the Windows support. The goal is rather to make this option more visible to the user.

I will update the patches then so that parts for Windows are inside
'[+IF (=(get "HaveWindowsSupport") "1")+]' and '[+ENDIF+]' or something
similar (HaveWindowsSupport is quite long :D). It also needs some
changes in the code for getting data directories and other paths.

Good.

And we could probably add support for GResources too! I use it for my
programs in Windows, they are much easier to handle.

I see some disadvantage to use GResources, you cannot easily edit the .glade file and no big advantage on Linux. But I agree that it could be better on Windows.v. Anyway, I think we can have at least one project using GResources on both Linux and Windows if you find it useful.

We could probably check the directories inside "/usr/lib/gcc" (and maybe
"lib/gcc" in other system directories too). It contains some libraries
and objects used by gcc compilers, separated into different directories
per host/target. In my Ubuntu Linux system, it has i686-linux-gnu,
i686-w64-mingw32, x86_64-linux-gnu and x86_64-w64-mingw32. Configure
checks hosts with *mingw*, pw32* or cygwin* to be recognized as a
Windows platform (only *mingw* are "native", they do not need a separate
C library).

I have a directory named i586-mingw32msvc here but not one named amd64-mingw32msvc. Moreover, I don't do this kind of check in the project wizard, we probably need to add some code if we do it here. Else perhaps we can add this in the configure script or describe this in the documentation only. It's quite open.