Re: [anjuta-devel] 3.10 cycle plans

Hi Massimo,

Le 02/04/2013 00:24, Massimo Cora' a écrit :
well, as long as ctags is able to recognize some js then yes, the class
symbols, members and so on can be displayed on the symbol panel.

Ok. So you completely separate code completion and the symbols list. I have imagined that this is linked and I have expected to use the same engine to do both but I haven't really do any work on this.

I'd need a good C/C++ completion engine to do some serious stuff - the
current one is nearly useless and it slows down my coding. I've done
some medium sized projects last year mostly without any good code
completion - it was a pain.
So the answer is yes, I'd like to put some time on the improvement of
the completion engine in the coming months.

Ok, that's a good news.

Clang is the way to go - it already has AST built in and so there's no
need to reinvent the wheel.  I'd like to know the state of the art of
the previous work, and the plans you had for it.

I haven't looked at the code of Moritz, I have no real plan for this. I was just interested to try get a list of symbols for other language, perhaps not supported by ctags.