Re: [anjuta-devel] Search Dialog in Anjuta 3.2?

Hi Sebastien!

I have implemented it and committed the changes. I haven't tested it
though but it is quite straight forward.

Thanks, mostly works.

Yep, that would work but I can live with the recursive solution shown
above it is implemented. In general it is only useful for nodes that can
have children like modules and groups.

As this function was not implemented nobody was using it. I think it
could be better to return all children recursively. Then if you ask for
all children of a group, you will get other groups and targets. It's not
done currently and I plan to add nodes for Makefile.am too, perhaps it
would be better to add another argument to filter the nodes. What do you
think?

Yes, two points:
* get the children recursively (or add an additional argument to
disable/enable recursion)
* Be able to filter the returned node. Most plugins are likely
interested just in the source files and not in any other files. Source
file here might mean all text/xml files, not just classic source files.

I am not even sure how I could filter the files with the API available
at the moment. You can have a look at my experimental branch:
http://git.gnome.org/browse/anjuta/tree/plugins/document-manager/search-files.c?h=search-files#n109