Re: [anjuta-devel] Dconf and GSettings

Hi Sebastien!

Le 08/11/2011 08:21, Johannes Schmid a écrit :
Despite needing a .xml.in file for translators I basically agree if you
are willing to do the work.

I don't know exactly how is handled translation. I suppose we can just
add an underscore before element which has to be translated and just add
   gsettings_in_file = org.gnome.anjuta.gschema.xml.in
   gsettings_SCHEMAS = $(gsettings_in_file:.xml.in=.xml)
   @INTLTOOL_XML_NOMERGE_RULE@
   @GSETTINGS_RULES@

http://developer.gnome.org/gio/2.28/ch28s06.html has some details about
the Makefile.am rules but I think what you posted is basically right.
Don't forget to add the schema files to git and to EXTRA_DIST.

Do I move the gsettings from org.gnome.anjuta._plugin_name__key_name to
org.gnome.anjuta.plugins._plugin_name_._key_name_?

Do whatever you like better. But the latter looks more reasonable and we
avoid the 32 character restriction for the key name.

I have already tried and I can get all choices. I'm still not completely
sure if it's working with translation though but I think we don't have
translation for the moment on such item anyway.

We have translations but this is because the choices are also included
in the combo-box definition (model) in the ui files. I don't remember
the details but I think can easily mess things up if you change the
order either in the schema (or widget name) or in the ui definition.