Re: [anjuta-devel] GSoC: Anjuta as an AVR development environment

Hi Lucas,

On 3/26/11, Lucas van Dijk <info return1 net> wrote:

Glad to hear you also would like to mentor me, you're right the project has
to be accepted by GNOME. I could also send an email to the general GNOME
Summer of Code mailinglist, I don't know if that matters?

I am not familiar with the procedure, unfortunately. Jhs has been
handling GSoCs all the time, so I hope he can explain what's the right
steps.

Application submitting opens up next week, I'll be adding the finishing
touches to my application in the next few days, I hope one of you could
review the application when I think it's ready, before submitting the final
version. :)

Absolutely. I can review your submission.

Personally, I would like to do this project in C, to broaden my skills a
bit, and I also think I'll be more valuable after the GSoC when I do this in
C, because then I'll understand the rest of the Anjuta code better.

Sure, if that is what you wish.

While I notice that you did not have much gtk+ programing, the last
one being 2 years ago, I trust that you are willing to learn it
thoroughly during the project (and I will provide you with the
necessary guidance) -- Anjuta plugins, such as this one for AVR
development, would require good understanding of GObject and GType
systems.

Thanks and good luck with your proposal.

Regards,
-Naba