[anjuta-devel] Porting the valgrind plugin to python (was: Re: RFC: Killing Anjuta-Extras)

Hello,
                 في ح، 23-01-2011 عند 23:23 +0100 ، كتب Johannes Schmid:
Another problem is that the plugin uses libbfd, and thus cannot be
rewritten entirely in python, but since these changes are restricted in
symtab.c, I guess it would be possible to have it as a python module.

I'll post again when I have something to show off.

I don't think a 1:1 port is of any use. It would be better to redesign
the plugin a bit, like not using libbfd and possibly using the xml mode
of valgrind. It also has far too many options and the preference system
is really broken (doesn't use anjuta-preferences/gsettings).

I haven't thought much about this, but I guess you're right. The
preferences system could be fixed in the process.

I also don't like its UI much: everything is in a submenu at the end of
the debug menu. Any ideas on improving this (or any other part) is
welcome.

Looking closer, the only thing that really depends on symtab.c (and thus
libbfd) is the resolve_full_path function in vgdefaultview.c, so it
shouldn't be too difficult to get rid of it.

Regards,
Abderrahim