Re: [anjuta-devel] RFC: Killing Anjuta-Extras

Hi,

On 01/20/2011 09:32 PM, Sébastien Granjoux wrote:
Hi,

2. Most of the plugins in anjuta-extras are outdated and should be
rewritten anyway.

Yes, valgrind and the profiler plugin are outdated. I think it shouldn't
take much time to update valgrind though but it's probably more effort
for the profiler.

as I wrote on IRC I'd like to see the Valgrind plugin rewritten in python: it has many more functions to deal with text parsing than C and it's usage is easier.

3. The Scintilla editor, even upstream, is not quite ready for gtk 3.0.

Scintilla editor upstream will not be ready for Gtk 3.0 but I think it
makes no sense to follow Gtk 3.0 before a stable version is released for
such project.

But they have made quite some changes to use cairo instead of gdk and
it's still actively developed. I'm not sure the gap between Scintilla
and GtkSourceView is increased.

I don't use code folding so it doesn't miss to me but I use block
selection and multi line edit at work (not for C) and it's quite
important. I have thought about adding this to GtkSourceView instead, it
is already existing as Gedit plugin, but I don't know the code and don't
know how to start.

for many reasons that I won't report here (mainly details, but that matter) I'd like to see Scintilla live within Anjuta (or Anjuta-extras). As the author says he won't (full) concentrate on gtk+3 untill it's released. So it's a matter of months, maybe.
We will have hopefully support for gtk+3 on next cycle.

thanks and regards,
Massimo