Re: [anjuta-devel] RFC: Killing Anjuta-Extras

Hello,
                   في ج، 21-01-2011 عند 00:15 +0100 ، كتب Massimo Cora':
Hi,

On 01/20/2011 09:32 PM, Sébastien Granjoux wrote:
Hi,

2. Most of the plugins in anjuta-extras are outdated and should be
rewritten anyway.

Yes, valgrind and the profiler plugin are outdated. I think it shouldn't
take much time to update valgrind though but it's probably more effort
for the profiler.

as I wrote on IRC I'd like to see the Valgrind plugin rewritten in
python: it has many more functions to deal with text parsing than C and
it's usage is easier.
I tried looking at this, porting shouldn't be too difficult. I already
ported ~200 lines in plugin.c, this port would have an advantage of
having a real plugin written in python (as opposed to my unpublished toy
plugins that I often end up rewriting in vala) and will thus force us to
"fix" non bindings-friendly API. For now, the only problem I saw is that
pygobject doesn't support passing more than a callback to a function (in
this case anjuta_plugin_add_watch).

Another problem is that the plugin uses libbfd, and thus cannot be
rewritten entirely in python, but since these changes are restricted in
symtab.c, I guess it would be possible to have it as a python module.

I'll post again when I have something to show off.

Regards,
Abderrahim