Re: [anjuta-devel] New project interface and introspection

Hi Johannes,

Le 25/10/2010 22:16, Johannes Schmid a écrit :
1. Just merge the whole branch into master.
Actually, I don't see a big issue here. The full history shouldn't have
any negative effect. You can clean it up though - see below.

Ok, I will probably do this, it's the easiest option for me.

2. Try to remove the useless commit.
This will open an
editor with the last 50 commits where you can delete individual commits
by just deleting the line describing the commit.

I have already tried on a few commits here. There are 118 commits in the newproject branch, it's less than expected I will probably keep them.

Another option is to use git rebase to group these 118 commits in one sequence. I don't know if it will work as I have merge the master branch a few time. It will probably gives me a few new conflicts. Finally, it means that I will have to rewrite the history in the newproject branch too. Do you think it's useful ?

3. Just make a diff between the two branch and commit this.
I don't like that too much, it kind of breaks the usual git workflow.

Ok, this option will need more work too, so I will rather spend more time on the code.