Re: [anjuta-devel] Building anjuta
- From: Naba Kumar <naba kumar gmail com>
- To: Johannes Schmid <jhs jsschmid de>
- Cc: anjuta-devel-list <anjuta-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [anjuta-devel] Building anjuta
- Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 12:51:10 -0500
On 11/28/10, Naba Kumar <naba kumar gmail com> wrote:
Now, I am at 40/51 modules build. Let's see how it goes with the rest.
Much of the weird dependencies listed above are due to NetworkManager,
so I suppose skipping its build would help not bother with those. If
someone wants non-interrupted jhbuild, one can take into account above
and stay in peace longer.
I encountered further errors in NetworkManager, so ended up skipping
it. Anyways, I couldn't understand how it came in anjuta dependency
chain, and assumed skipping won't have important effects.
1. Then, further deps were needed by webkit: libxt-dev, libicu-dev.
2. Then, devhelp build (of trunk) failed, apparently hitting bug
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=635162. Skipped it too.
3. Then, failed to build autogen because of missing libguile. It can
be fixed by installing libguile-dev and let autogen build, or
installing autogen itself directly which should satisfy anjuta build.
4. Anjuta build failed for me while building IAnjuta-3.0.gir, because
interfaces/ianjuta-macro.[ch] files were still around despite being
not needed (but gir build was still picking it up). A typical
distclean didn't clean them up -- something to note as a potential
bug, I suppose.
Then anjuta got installed and I can run it fine. There is no themeing
and such applied to it -- I suppose that has to do with gnome settings
being not compatible with 3.0 apps.
It's a long process and took whole bits and pieces of this weekend,
but I hope others trying it out on ubuntu 10.10 would know what's
] [Thread Prev