Re: [anjuta-devel] Building anjuta

Hi,

On 11/28/10, Naba Kumar <naba kumar gmail com> wrote:
Hi

On 11/7/10, Johannes Schmid <jhs jsschmid de> wrote:
Hi!

Find a .jhbuildrc file attached that works for you. I also updated the
moduleset in git so that it *should* build anjuta correctly.

Thanks Johannes. I am trying it at the moment on ubuntu 10.10.

Apart from running into some missing dependencies such as libffi-dev,
libncurses-dev, texinfo, libpam-dev, libiw-dev, libgudev-dev,
libnss3-dev, ppp-dev  I noticed following couple of non-trivial issues
in libgda:

1. libgda-4.2.0 failed to build because xml_embedded.h could not be
found. It turns out this is generated file and can be easily generated
by running "make xml_embedded.h" in shell in
libgda-4.2.0/libgda/sqlite, and continuing jhbuild.

2. libgda uses gtk+ (for the ui part), but is build before gtk+ in
jhbuild. It seems, by default ui build is enabled. This resulted in
failing to find the right gtk+ libraries, of course. I fixed it by
adding "--with-ui=no" in libgda autogenargs in .jhbuildrc.

I didn't get to finish the mail before accidentally sending :). Now, I
am at 40/51 modules build. Let's see how it goes with the rest.

Much of the weird dependencies listed above are due to NetworkManager,
so I suppose skipping its build would help not bother with those. If
someone wants non-interrupted jhbuild, one can take into account above
and stay in peace longer.

Thanks.

Regards,
-Naba