Online/Offline and Wikipedia Re: beyond text Re: Attaching Meta-Data

And yes one more thing. I think we should try to reduce using online
services as much as possible. I come from India and if I have to depend
on Google for spellchecking or even the Dict server for something else,
it would be a contradiction of interests for most people. This "online"
stuff should be detectable by Beagle and in such cases the search
results could be ranked differently but I guess that we can do all this
offline by installation of appropriate packages/daemons/services...

How hard is it to do such things offline? We are not worried about space
are we? And a question. Is it possible to download the latest complete
Wikipedia snapshot at any point and install it in our computer? It could
install a server of sorts or give complete offline browsing. Any idea of
such a project? And if this could be useful to Dashboard in some way? It
would be cool if we used this knowledge when we see some obscure term
like "existentialism" in our index. The obscurity of course determined
by the Zipf ranking for that word which we should use as well. I am just
rambling now and will clarify this weekend. Any thrashings or comments
very welcome...