Re: Attaching Meta-Data

Hi,

On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 20:33 +0100, Srikant Jakilinki wrote:
> Guys, any cool ideas and scenarios that you have regarding "attaching
> metadata"? I think we should probably focus on this aspect a bit more
> than we have done till now.

I think the main thing at this point is that we're losing all kinds of
metadata when we interact with others.  When you save an email
attachment you lose all contextual information there.  Who sent it, when
did they send it, who else did they send it to, what other attachments
were sent, what message/thread was it from, etc.  There are similar
issues with instant messaging.  URLs and files are passed around there,
but there isn't any kind of link established, and so there's no useful
way to re-associate it with what I'm really looking for.

Identifying those situations and then addressing them (probably
instrumenting the apps somehow) is going to be one of the most
challenging tasks of the project, IMO, but also one of the most
rewarding.