Re: beyond text Re: Attaching Meta-Data

On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 09:55 -0500, darryl vandorp wrote:
> If i understand what your saying, I can't see why one couldn't write
> an external query driver similar to the google driver to do a
> dictionary search. I dont' know how it's relevant to lucene?

Generally when you say "Full-text" indexing engine, it provides options
for doing dictionary search.

A "dictionary" is required for "dictionary search" and if application
has to generate a list of "synonymous search strings" from the "actual
search string", it has to maintain one and for that matter, every
application has to maintain one.  In order to avoid this, the indexing
engines provide one just like the "stop words" dictionary.

Hope this make sense.

V. Varadhan