Re: beyond text Re: Attaching Meta-Data

On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 10:05 -0500, darryl vandorp wrote:

> > It would rock if it used aspell or some other dictionary that wasn't
> > online.  Setting up a query driver for the google spell checker would
> > be a good start though.
> >
> > -- joe g.
> >

> There's also the dict protocol I don't know if there's a c-sharp
> library for that somewhere.
>
> -darryl

hmmm.. I think I was not clear in my previous post.  Well.. what I meant
by "Dictionary search" was:

	* search the "beagle-backend" for the "synonyms" of the user entered
"query word".

	For example:  "There has been a serious debate/disagreement on a
particular feature being implemented in a tool and lot of mails, docs,
chat logs are available as a record.  Now, if user wants to search on it
and he doesn't know the exact word but knows to the extent that 'there
was a debate/dispute'.".

	In such scenarios, he can very well say "dispute" and select
"Dictionary search" and he gets a hit list that satisfies:

	* Docs, mails, chat-logs, web pages, etc., that contain the keyword
"dispute" or "debate" or "disagreement" or "quarrel" or "argumentation"
or "discussion" etc.

Maybe that the example that I stated above is not good, but, I just
wanted to explain what I meant by "Dictionary" search.

Cheers,

V. Varadhan.