Re: [Banshee-List] Do we have any examples of the anonymous statistics benefitting users yet?

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 6:22 PM, Daniel Hughes <trampster gmail com> wrote:
> A question was asked about tracking the mono version used. I was just
> pointing out that doing so is pointless as this information can be
> inferred from the version of ubuntu used.

It is not pointless.

* On Ubuntu, it would help determine how many users are installing
their own Mono somehow.
* On openSUSE-based distros, it could let Banshee devs know how many
are adding the Mono repository that gets them the latest Mono.
* It makes it easier to compile data on what version of Mono users
have, regardless of distribution, without the Banshee team having to
do work to tabulate what version of Mono ships on every version of
every distro.

Sandy