Re: [Banshee-List] Do we have any examples of the anonymous statistics benefitting users yet?

2010/3/18 Gabriel Burt <gabriel burt gmail com>
I'm definitely keen on this idea.  I know that knowing we have so many
users using the equalizer made me more sensitive to the bug reports
coming in related to it.  Same with resolving the
can't-type-in-wikipedia bug.  And knowing how many users don't use
Banshee in English (59 total locales, so far) has re-emphasized the
importance of proper i18n (and a solid string-freeze) to me.

The metrics still are in the fairly early state - we could use some
more of them, and some better analysis.  I would like to be also
collecting what version of Mono and GStreamer (and possibly other main
libraries - sqlite, gtk+, etc) are being used.

This sounds like a job for PackageKit, sadly though our seemingly largest consumer Ubuntu doesn't ship the deamon by default.