Re: [xslt] Isn't it time to make libxslt multi-threaded?

Liam R E Quin, 27.07.2012 19:09:
> [sorry if you get two of these, looks like it didn't make it out
> yesterday]
>
> On Thu, 2012-07-26 at 12:17 +0400, Дмитрий Грибов wrote:
>> If you
>> insist on that I'll make some benches. Our XSLT transformation is standalone
>> demon now, and it's relatively independent from the environment.
>
> Probably a good idea to do timings.
>
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.xsl.general.mulberrytech/84488
> mentions one timing that was done, but it's not with your data :-)

Interesting. Taking a quick look over the stylesheet, it's actually fairly
likely that it's due to the XPath performance bug that is currently being
worked on in libxml2. Basically, node set sorting is horribly slow in many
cases, which specifically hits deeply stacked XPath expressions. Would be
worth applying the proposed patch and rerunning the timings. It can easily
give you a couple of factors in performance.

Stefan