Re: [xslt] Isn't it time to make libxslt multi-threaded?

On Thu, 2012-07-26 at 02:51 +0400, Дмитрий Грибов wrote:

> Unfortunately our company have no C-programmers to do the job right, but we
> can provide whatever support is needed and make some (reasonable :)
> donations if needed. And this will at once make libxslt the fastest
> xslt-processing engine, that's quite a good thing by itself. Any ideas?

Why not move to a more modern XSLT environment such as Saxon? Yes, it's
in Java, but you can run it as a servlet or even with nailgun to avoid
jvm startup costs, and then you get XSLT 2. With a little work - e.g.
using explicit typing on variables - you might well get something that
runs massively faster.

Much as I might like libxslt, at W3C we're currently working on XSLT 3,
and libxslt is still on XSLT 1. It's a lot of work to implement XSLT 2
(or 3), of course, but it might be a better place to spend money.

Liam

Co-author, 5th edition of Beginning XML, Wrox, July 2012