Re: [xslt] Isn't it time to make libxslt multi-threaded?

Liam R E Quin, 26.07.2012 14:29:
> On Thu, 2012-07-26 at 11:31 +0200, Stefan Behnel wrote:
>> Personally, I find a processor for XSLT 1.0 plus the usual extensions (and
>> easy extensibility from user code) much more appealing than one for XSLT
>> 2.0 that includes all that XML Schema cruft. But maybe that's just me.
>
> It's just you :-) I'd really miss the easier debugging and better error
> checking from being able to say "this variable must contain an integer",
> the extra performance, a portable, standard way to create multiple
> output documents, user-defined functions written in XSLT, etc etc.
>
> Note that variable typing (the "as" attribute) does not require "all
> that XML Schema cruft".

Maybe you can still fix it with XSLT 3. Define an official namespace for
the extensions over XSLT 1.0 and thus make it easier to implement a
well-defined subset of new additions to the standards in an arbitrary XSLT
x.y processor, but without requiring XML Schema. Some of the new XPath
functions are pretty helpful, for example, and many of them are independent
of any static typing.

Stefan