Re: [xslt] Isn't it time to make libxslt multi-threaded?

Дмитрий Грибов, 26.07.2012 10:17:
>> Why not move to a more modern XSLT environment such as Saxon? Yes, it's
>> in Java, but you can run it as a servlet or even with nailgun to avoid
>> jvm startup costs, and then you get XSLT 2. With a little work - e.g.
>> using explicit typing on variables - you might well get something that
>> runs massively faster.
>
> Saxon runs massively faster on Java? That's something really new for me.

Note that Liam wrote "using explicit typing on variables". As I read it, he
claims that XSLT 2.0 can be executed more efficiently than XSLT 1.0 when
the XSLT code is statically typed using XML Schema, likely because runtime
optimisation of untyped XSLT code may not be sufficient (or implemented
well enough, or available at all, or whatever). Sounds more like a tooling
problem to me.

Personally, I find a processor for XSLT 1.0 plus the usual extensions (and
easy extensibility from user code) much more appealing than one for XSLT
2.0 that includes all that XML Schema cruft. But maybe that's just me.

Stefan