Re: [xslt] undefined reference to `xmlXPathContextSetCache'

Did you configure & build outside the source tree?  If so, you're
probably hitting Bugzilla #327515.  The Windows config header is
overriding the configure-generated one, causing libxslt to use module
support even though libxml2 wasn't built with module support.
Erase libxslt/xsltconfig.h in the source tree, and rebuild (make clean +
make should be enough; I don't think reconfiguring is needed).

Nicolas Ecarnot wrote:
> Another point :
>
> $ strings /somefolder/libxslt-1.1.17/libxslt/.libs/libxslt.so.2.17 |
> grep xmlModuleClose
> xmlModuleClose
>
> So I don't know if the presence of the string does prove anything, but
> ... ?

That's just the undefined reference you're seeing.

By the way, what system is this on? it seems a bit odd that libtool is
folding together the first two version numbers (2.6.27 -> 8.27 etc).