Re: [xslt] undefined reference to `xmlXPathContextSetCache'

-On [20070105 12:47], Nicolas Ecarnot (nicolas ecarnot net) wrote:
>Now, in /usr/local/lib, I see (amongst other things) :
>
>libxml2.a
>libxml2.la
>libxml2.so.8.27
>libxml2.so.9.0
>
>Does that sound correct ?

>From a pedantic ELF point of view: no.

ELF shared libraries were never intended to have a so.N.M denominator, solely
a so.N one. So in the above I would sooner expect:

libxml2.a
libxml2.la (libtool specific file)
libxml2.so.8
libxml2.so.9
libxml2.so -> libxml2.so.9

You need to have a libxml2.so file, typically this is symbolically linked to
the latest installed shared library. If I remember my loading and linking
correctly ELF looks for the libxml2.so file for loading and linking.

イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
http://www.in-nomine.org/
Seize from every moment its unique novelty and do not prepare your joys...