Re: [xslt] libxslt performance problem

On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 12:19:53PM +0200, Kaarle Kaila wrote:

> > You cannot do anything if the person that states these claims is not
> > providing
> > test cases. That way debugging problematic algorithms can take ages,
> > whereas a
> > simple testcase can quickly light the way. :)
> >
> > So Kaarle, got any test code?
> >
> Hi!
>
> Yes I have. The thing is that the big reports with lots of names and data
> are rather big and I did not expect anyone willing to to look into them.
>
> Another thing is that the bigger data belongs to a customer of mine and I
> don't think I can put it out to a public site but if you are willing to have
> a look at it I can send it privately to you with understanding that it is
> not to be spread further. Do you want me to send it to you?
>
> My application that produces this can be found at
> http://www.sukuohjelmisto.fi/version.html
> (in demo mode you can add there however at most 250 persons)
>
> Just download setupxx.x.x.x.exe and install it on your windows machine.

  Before getting anybody to work on your specific data you really must
rebuild with the latest versions. There is absolutely no point in spending
lot of efforts on very old code, a lot of big bottleneck have been removed in
the last years, and running an opaque binay using very old code is useless
frankly.