Re: [xslt] In memory stylesheet & external entities

Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 11:19:47AM +0000, david reid wrote:
>> Daniel Veillard wrote:
>>>   I'm pretty sure this was done in the past or at least discussed
>>> (for example when using libxslt for Webkit).
>>> I suggest to search thoroughtly the archives of the list in the last 2
>>> years. Then try to be more explicit in what calls you are using and what
>>> is missing.
>> The search seems broken at present but I did go back through the monthly
>>  thread listings for 2 years and found a few pointers, but nothing that
>> directly answers my question. :-(
>
>   As far as I can tell xmlsoft.org search engine indexes the mailing list
> and does work.
>   The answer to the same question for the Apple guys was xsltDocLoaderFunc
> did you looked at it ?
>
>> I'll try and explain in more detail!
>>
>> When the library init's it calls xmlSetExternalEntityLoader() to set a
>> custom entity loader. This is being called so all is well with this.
> [...]
>> It dies at an early stage (style is NULL) as the includes in the
>> stylesheet can't be resolved. My questions are really
>
>   the libxml2 xmlSetExternalEntityLoader support was not sufficient
> that's why we added
>     xsltDocLoaderFunc
>
> http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/search.php?query=xsltDocLoaderFunc&submit=Search+...
>
>   Read the doc and the mails pointed out by the query, especially the
> full "XSLT and Safari" threads, they had exactly the same kind of problems.

I've looked at the threads and it does seem as though we have similar
aims, but the include files I want are all on the filesystem, I just
need to adjust the paths :-)

I've added the function but when it's called dict and ctxt are NULL. How
do I set my own data pointer to be passed into the function? Are there
any good examples of it's usage available?

Sorry to be a pain and thanks for your help thus far!

--
david

Have you listened to FeatherCast yet?
http://feathercast.org/