Re: [xslt] In memory stylesheet & external entities

On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 11:19:47AM +0000, david reid wrote:
> Daniel Veillard wrote:
> >   I'm pretty sure this was done in the past or at least discussed
> > (for example when using libxslt for Webkit).
> > I suggest to search thoroughtly the archives of the list in the last 2
> > years. Then try to be more explicit in what calls you are using and what
> > is missing.
>
> The search seems broken at present but I did go back through the monthly
>  thread listings for 2 years and found a few pointers, but nothing that
> directly answers my question. :-(

  As far as I can tell xmlsoft.org search engine indexes the mailing list
and does work.
  The answer to the same question for the Apple guys was xsltDocLoaderFunc
did you looked at it ?

> I'll try and explain in more detail!
>
> When the library init's it calls xmlSetExternalEntityLoader() to set a
> custom entity loader. This is being called so all is well with this.
[...]
> It dies at an early stage (style is NULL) as the includes in the
> stylesheet can't be resolved. My questions are really

  the libxml2 xmlSetExternalEntityLoader support was not sufficient
that's why we added
    xsltDocLoaderFunc

http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/search.php?query=xsltDocLoaderFunc&submit=Search+...

  Read the doc and the mails pointed out by the query, especially the
full "XSLT and Safari" threads, they had exactly the same kind of problems.