Re: [xslt] key() in match pattern of xsl:key

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005, Joel E. Denny wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Dec 2005, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>
> >   I'm gonna be frank. XSLT-1.0 does not fit your need. You want to sort
> > node set and do maths with it ? Use XPath from a high level *programming
> > language* instead of trying to divert somthing XSLT was not designed for !
> >   Use the right tool for the job !

[snip]

> In any case, as long as you're willing to maintain this feature in
> libxslt, I think I'll use it.  Fortunately, I'm not tied to my current
> implementation.  It's just the architecture that's important.  I can rest
> assured that anyone who's not willing to use an XSLT 1.0 processor with
> this extension should be able to accomplish the same thing with a 2.0
> processor.

Following your suggestion, it would be possible to compute all of the
final sets efficiently in C and write them to a DOM, and then the XSLT
processor could compute keys in O(n) time off of those sets.  Not nearly
as elegant.  I'd rather declare the sets cleanly in XSLT only. But this
may be another alternative for users of 1.0 processors without this
extension.

Joel