Re: [xslt] key() in match pattern of xsl:key

Hi,

On Thu, 2005-12-08 at 07:12 -0500, Joel E. Denny wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Dec 2005, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>
> >   oh, okay, sorry for the misunderstanding :-)
>
> No problem.  I was actually a little shocked to find how my words sounded
> upon a later reading.
>
> The EXSLT idea isn't working out well. For a large test case, calling one
> key from the match pattern of another key allows my stylesheet to run in
> about 1 sec.  After converting the called key to an EXSLT user function,
> it takes 25 secs.  I should've realized it would be much worse given the
> large data set.
>
> As you might imagine, I'm losing my drive for purity.  I'm hoping that
> XSLT 2.0 will allow keys to reference keys, but I haven't managed to
> decipher that spec well enough yet to be sure.  Moreover, there are many
> aspects of 1.0 I haven't even explored yet, so its hard for me to know
> whether it's reasonable to allow this capability in general.  All I'm sure
> of is that libxslt handles it fine for my specific test cases.
>
> What do you think?  If you believe it's a reasonable pursuit to make this
> a formal feature of libxslt, I'll do what I can to write regression tests,
> document the idea, and whatever else is required.  Just let me know.

Joel, I have 0% percent knowledge of this issue, but I tested you case
with Stylus Studio (I think it uses Xalan for XSLT) and the result was
the one you expected. So understand this as additional info without any
intentions from me.

I recommend asking the people of the XSL list [1] about how the most
XSTL processors have implemented this. Would be good to go the de facto
way here if this is an 'implementation defined' issue.

[1] xsl-list lists mulberrytech com

Regards,

Kasimier