Re: [xslt] key() in match pattern of xsl:key

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005, Daniel Veillard wrote:

>   I have been told that libxslt was not a proper XSLT implementation one
> too many time on that frigging list, so I won't read to any of it anymore,
> for good or bad. If someone wants to discuss libxslt here is the place,
> I don't have time nor willingness to follow the one at mulberrytech anymore.

Fair enough.  I'm new to both lists, so I don't know any of the history.

I'm at a loss for what to do at this point.  On the one hand, I don't want
to step outside the bounds of XSLT 1.0.  On the other hand, the efficiency
boost of keys referencing keys is best case O(n^2) down to best case O(n).
I could just say, well, I'm adhering to 1.0 except that I'm borrowing this
one feature that will be available in 2.0 because it just seems so
impossible to live without it.

Do you see XSLT 2.0 in libxslt's future?  In light of the discovery that
keys referencing keys is supposed to be an error in 1.0, are you still
willing to allow it? Have you ever considered having a --strict flag (or
--non-strict) for xsltproc to select whether extensions like this should
be permitted?

Thanks.

Joel