Re: [xslt] key() in match pattern of xsl:key

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005, Daniel Veillard wrote:

>   I think Saxon use an object model where evaluating an object initialize
> its dependancies independantly of the order in which they appear. libxslt
> initialize all types synchronously whithout trying to build a causal
> dependancy chain.

I've never used Saxon myself.  I've read that libxslt is one of (or the)
fastest XSLT 1.0 processor around.  Maybe this is one of the reasons?

>   If a diff is needed, send a diff, it will be reviewed. It would be nicer
> if no diff were needed, ina any case, yes providing regression tests
> would help garantee we won't break your expectations by mistake.

I haven't dug into the libxslt distribution yet.  I was thinking of a diff
against whatever test suite is there.  I hadn't planned on proposing any
changes to the source code.  Anyway, my life is easier if I don't have to
submit diffs.

Joel