Re: [xslt] linking of libexslt

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 07:02:01PM -0500, Graham Wilson wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 12:45:01PM -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> >   the patch failed with breakpoint/Makefile.am in CVS where
> > libxsltbreakpoint_la_LIBADD is defined as empty.
>
> Is libxsltbreakpoint not supposed to be linked against libxslt?

  This is a deprecated library, it's there only for pure ABI compat,
it will actually disapear in the next big update, maybe next release.

> >   Now the fact that it builds on a number of arches but on a similar setup
> > does not imply that it will build for example within an RPM build root
> > where prelinking is activated and where the build root is not the
> > install root. I think this is the answer to your initial question
> >   "Why is this commented out? Isn't this the right way to do it?"
> >   If you have a build root, the $prefix can be
> >     /var/tmp/libxslt-1.0.34-root/usr/and the prelinking  should still
> > be done against /usr/libxml/libxml2...
>
> Hmm... Debian packages are built in a similar way. The files are
> installed into a temporary directory, and then are copied into the
> package files.

  Okay, good to know. Well then I can't remember what kind of troubles I
faced forcing me to do this...

> Maybe this is why the patch worked alright. Anyways, thanks for testing
> and applying it.

  No problem, I'm just cautious about everything related to the build,
teh effect of changes at the code level are relatively easy to check and
test, but for the build it's a shoot in the dark.