Re: [xslt] linking of libexslt

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 12:45:01PM -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 10:54:12AM -0500, Graham Wilson wrote:
> > I have applied the attached patch to the Debian libxslt package, and it
> > sucessfully compiles on 11 different (Linux) architectures.
>
>   the patch failed with breakpoint/Makefile.am in CVS where
> libxsltbreakpoint_la_LIBADD is defined as empty.

Is libxsltbreakpoint not supposed to be linked against libxslt?

>   Now the fact that it builds on a number of arches but on a similar setup
> does not imply that it will build for example within an RPM build root
> where prelinking is activated and where the build root is not the
> install root. I think this is the answer to your initial question
>   "Why is this commented out? Isn't this the right way to do it?"
>   If you have a build root, the $prefix can be
>     /var/tmp/libxslt-1.0.34-root/usr/and the prelinking  should still
> be done against /usr/libxml/libxml2...

Hmm... Debian packages are built in a similar way. The files are
installed into a temporary directory, and then are copied into the
package files.

Maybe this is why the patch worked alright. Anyways, thanks for testing
and applying it.

--
gram

Digital signature