Re: [xslt] This could be a Perl question

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 05:11:08PM -0800, Walter Hansen wrote:
> I'm having troubles with the XML::LibXSLT implementation. This is in perl,
> but it works through your code. I've sent mail to the guy who wrote the perl
> mod, but I thought that it could be on the C end. The problem is that it
> chokes when translating a large XML file into html via a XSL file. I get:
>
> Original Error: Can't coerce GLOB to string in entersub at ./ii.pl line 237,
> <STDIN> chunk 30
> Latest Error: Can't coerce GLOB to string in entersub at ./iie.pl line 194,
> <STDIN> chunk 32.

  Hum, I don't recognize those strings as being either libxml2 nor libxslt
messages. The meaning seems to be that Perl can't convert the chunk of memory
into a Perl string .... No idea why !

> The XML file in question is about 500k. These routines deal with the file as
> a variable. When I try to deal with it as a file I get Out of Memory errors,
> something I'd never seen before on a commercial Unix style box.

  Handling 500k XML files in libxslt is really not a problem, it will take
at most a dozen meg of VM at runtime but really should not generate such a
problem.
  Try with xsltproc directly ... if needed do an exec and capture the output
on stdout, but XML::LibXSLT and XML::LibXML seems to work fine in general,
so I'm surprized.

Daniel

P.S.: when asking for help, always state the versions of the various
      software pieces used, especially for a multi-layer environment like
      yours !