[xslt] This could be a Perl question

I'm having troubles with the XML::LibXSLT implementation. This is in perl,
but it works through your code. I've sent mail to the guy who wrote the perl
mod, but I thought that it could be on the C end. The problem is that it
chokes when translating a large XML file into html via a XSL file. I get:

Original Error: Can't coerce GLOB to string in entersub at ./ii.pl line 237,
<STDIN> chunk 30
Latest Error: Can't coerce GLOB to string in entersub at ./iie.pl line 194,
<STDIN> chunk 32.

The XML file in question is about 500k. These routines deal with the file as
a variable. When I try to deal with it as a file I get Out of Memory errors,
something I'd never seen before on a commercial Unix style box.

Please shed some light on this if you can or at least tell me I'm barking up
the wrong tree.

								-Walter Hansen