Re: [xslt] Win2K,xsltproc ignores catalog

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 01:34:36PM +0100, Wim de Vries wrote:
> <public publicId="-//ES//DTD journal article DTD version 5.0.0//EN//XML"
>          uri="c:/test/art500/art500.dtd"/>
> </group>
> </catalog>
> works ok: catalog does not seem to need the file:/// prefix.

  Strictly speaking this is wrong ! The XML Catalog spec says uri
is an URI Reference as defined by RFC 2396 and that value does NOT
correspond to what you expect, that would be a relative file path
to the current catalog i.e.
    file:///etc/xml/c:/test/art500/art500.dtd
I strongly suggest you fix those, this is absolutely not portable.
And there is no guarantee that libxml2 will accept this in a future
version. I don't intend to go back, but I want to make clear that
if I have the slightest problem, for example someone asking why
his file:///etc/xml/c:/test/art500/art500.dtd is not loaded in that case
(i.e. the conformant behaviour) then I would give immediate priority
to that conformant case.

> BTW: Do you know how I should handle  a Win path that contains a white
> space in both the above URI's?

  By reading the specs ! You must use %20 to escape a space in URIs