[xslt] Win2K,xsltproc ignores catalog

Hi,
I've checked the Win xsltproc catalog discussions, and tried the solutions.
Still it seems that xsltproc does not use the catalog file.
Tried all these :
1.put catalog in c:\etc\xml\
2.put catalog.xml in C:\ and
set XML_CATALOG_FILES=file:///catalog.xml
or
set  XML_CATALOG_FILES=c:\catalog.xml

When I run xsltproc it still tries to open the dtd from the location
mentioned in the internal dtd of the XML file. No mentioning of not finding
the catalog(.xml). BTW: catalog.xml itself should be ok, for it works good
with Xalan.

----------version:
xsltproc --version
Using libxml 20503, libxslt 10026 and libexslt 717
xsltproc was compiled against libxml 20503, libxslt 10026 and libexslt 717
libxslt 10026 was compiled against libxml 20503
libexslt 717 was compiled against libxml 20503

regards wim de vries.