Re: [xml] DOM parser uses SAX2

Hi Nick ,

Thank you very much for your explanation.It really helps.

From test file I meant sample *.xml file that can be used to go for statement coverage.

For example I got a *.xml file in test folder of libxml2 extracted source directory that contained a long element name more than 4000 characters and it was possible for me to hit a debug point related to such a large element name handling.
Similarly xml files with utf8 and utf16 helped in covering encoding related if conditions in encoding.c source file.

Thanks & Regards,
Akash

On Mon, Nov 11, 2019, 6:49 PM Nick Wellnhofer <wellnhofer aevum de wrote:
On 11/11/2019 11:21, Akash Opensource via xml wrote:
> But while checking libxml2 code I saw the DOM parser making calls to functions
> in sax2.c .

The event-based SAX parser is used to build a DOM tree. There's nothing
special about that, just like you could walk a DOM tree to generate SAX events.

> Also tell me is there a way to get statement coverage for all the path in
> libxml2 source files.

You can get coverage reports with the usual compiler options and tools.

> Can I get more test files ?

What do you mean by "more test files"?

Nick