[xml] DOM parser uses SAX2

Hi All,

I have a doubt regarding libxml2 .

As I was reading info on XML parsers, I got to know two types DOM and SAX . DOM needs more memory to build the complete DOM tree. However SAX does partial incremental parsing and consumes less memory.

But while checking libxml2 code I saw the DOM parser making calls to functions in sax2.c .

So I am wondering why and how DOM can use SAX ?
Are they not completely different ?

Also tell me is there a way to get statement coverage for all the path in libxml2 source files. Can I get more test files ?

Thanks & Regards
Akash