Re: [xml] Entering freeze for release of libxml2-2.9.9

On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 11:48:37AM +0100, Nikolai Weibull via xml wrote:
Hi!

Stefan Behnel, 2018-11-25 15:37:

Nikolai Weibull schrieb am 24.11.18 um 00:12:

Yes, it seems that my patch for data in interleaves was added and
this may be the cause of these issues. The regression tests didn’t
display them, so this is something different. Could we perhaps get a
minimal test that breaks?

Here is what I could come up with so far. Since it's heavily stripped
down,
it probably isn't very reasonable anymore. The original schema is here:

Thank you!  As far as my tests go, with the patches that I’ve provided, this
validates without any issues.  I really hope we can get my patches from the
merge request into master so that this issue can be fixed.

  TBH it's weird it fails to validate for me with 2.9.8, with 2.9.9-rc1 and
with 2.9.9-rc1 with the data interleave patch reverted ...
I'm getting quite confused and starting to wonder if the schema I got
from github is correct (github interface serves me first ahn html page,
then I have to guess to use raw, to dwoload that and pray that it is actually
the data one is supposed to use.

thinkpad2:~/XML -> ./xmllint --relaxng iso-schematron.rng fail_to_validate.xml
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<schema xmlns="http://purl.oclc.org/dsdl/schematron";>
    <title>Open Model</title>
    <rule context="AAA">
        <assert test="BBB"> BBB element is not present</assert>
        <assert test="CCC"> CCC element is not present</assert>
    </rule>
</schema>
fail_to_validate.xml:2: element title: Relax-NG validity error : Expecting element ns, got title
fail_to_validate.xml:1: element schema: Relax-NG validity error : Expecting an element ns, got nothing
fail_to_validate.xml:2: element title: Relax-NG validity error : Expecting element p, got title
fail_to_validate.xml:1: element schema: Relax-NG validity error : Expecting an element p, got nothing
fail_to_validate.xml:2: element title: Relax-NG validity error : Expecting element let, got title
fail_to_validate.xml:3: element rule: Relax-NG validity error : Invalid sequence in interleave
fail_to_validate.xml:3: element rule: Relax-NG validity error : Element schema failed to validate content
fail_to_validate.xml fails to validate
thinkpad2:~/XML ->

  the "email patch" from gitlab seems to get me back to some sanity there,
it still makes it a mess to review and apply cleanly.

  The 4 patches looks sensible, seems to not introduce regression in existing
tests, the behaviour seems to be exactly the same with Stefan's tests so
I will assume that's unrelated or I didn't get the tests correctly.
I will push them to RC2 and if Stephan still has troubles with it can you please
send mail to the error case as attachments.

  thanks !

Daniel

--
Daniel Veillard      | Red Hat Developers Tools http://developer.redhat.com/