Re: [xml] Strange validation errors in libxml 2.9.0 with MSVC 2010

Hi Csaba,
thank you for checking!

xmllint works flawlessly in 2.9.0 here as well - as I have indicated in the original email.

As a quick recap:
 - I use pretty much the same code to read the XML using XMLReader as xmllint: xmlReaderForFile(...) followed by an xmlTextReaderRead (...)
 - For the exact same documents and source code:
    - libxml 2.9.0 gives a validation errors on MSVC 2010 (the validation error appears for every single attribute and element).
    - libxml 2.8.0 and below works perfectly.
 - My conclusion: a bug has been introduced in 2.9.0 that prevents validation on MSVC 2010.

Best regards: Zoltán Ördögh

On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 5:02 AM, Csaba Raduly <rcsaba gmail com> wrote:
Hi Zoltán,

On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 8:30 AM, Zoltán Ördögh  wrote:
> I checked 2.8.0 out of curiosity - that works, too.
> It seems a bug has been introduced into 2.9.0 - and it apparently impacts
> only MSVC 2010 (well, so far it seems I am the only one).

I tried your example with Cygwin's xmllint and with my homemade
validator based on Xerces-C. Both passed successfully.

$ xmllint.exe --version
xmllint: using libxml version 20900
   compiled with: Threads Tree Output Push Reader Patterns Writer
SAXv1 FTP HTTP DTDValid HTML Legacy C14N Catalog XPath XPointer
XInclude Iconv ISO8859X Unicode Regexps Automata Expr Schemas
Schematron Modules Debug Zlib Lzma

$ xmllint.exe --noout --valid testme.xml
<no output>

Csaba