Re: [xml] Strange validation errors in libxml 2.9.0 with MSVC 2010

On Saturday, April 6, 2013 11:15 AM, Zoltán Ördögh wrote:
On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 4:18 AM, John Brown <johnbrown_105 yahoo com> wrote:

[1]C:\Temp\TestMe>start file:///./testme.xml
The system cannot find the file file:///./testme.xml.

[2]C:\Temp\TestMe>start file:///c:/temp/testme/testme.xml

C:\Temp\TestMe>

Command [2] causes the XML file to be opened in my default
XML file editor. For what it is worth, I am on Windows 8.

Does it work if you change your DOCTYPE to
<!DOCTYPE XMLTestMe SYSTEM "testme.dtd"> ?

________________________________

Hi John,
thanks for the reply.

I am not sure why'd you use that command line though; the file:///
prefix is not needed when you use it from the shell.

I said that I believed that a relative path in a file: URL
was invalid. My command line showed that Windows would not
launch the file with the attempted relative path
file:///./testme.xml, but it worked when I specified the
absolute path
file:///c:/temp/testme/testme.xml.

By now I amsure that you have seen that Danniel also says
that relative paths are illegal, although that does not
tell you why xmllint accepts it but your program does not.

Regards,
John Brown.