Re: [xml] Release candidate 2 of libxml2 2.8.0

Hi Rob,

May be I misread MSC build process.

Rob Richards wrote:
The mingw change for Bug 676427 ends up breaking for windows VS builds as the change affects them and not just mingw. Basically by remove the definitions, I end up with a bunch of unresolved external symbol errors. I'm going to be jumping on a plane in a few hours so not sure if I'm going that have time to fix that before I leave.

Rob
So the mingw* patch remove redefine of {v}snprint from configure script and similar defines from C-source code.

If I understand MSVC build process , configure.js copy ..\\include\\win32config.h to "..\\config.h" and win32config.h contain this code:
 #if defined(_MSC_VER)
#define mkdir(p,m) _mkdir(p)
#define snprintf _snprintf
#if _MSC_VER < 1500
#define vsnprintf(b,c,f,a) _vsnprintf(b,c,f,a)
#endif
#elif defined(__MINGW32__)
#define mkdir(p,m) _mkdir(p)
#endif

So I expect MSVC build to redefine {v}snprint to _{v}snprint.
I did not understand why vsnprintf is redefined under condition for compiler version since it is documented as available on "ALL" versions . Quote from MSDN : "ANSI, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows XP Home Edition, Windows XP Professional, Windows Server 2003".

About "#define snprintf _snprintf" according documentation (MSDN) it is required .

I wonder what I miss in MSC build process ?

Another point is that redefine of mkdir is not for libxml but for libxslt . This is another redundant code and could be addressed later .

Regards,
Roumen