Re: [xml] xinclude and xmlParseChunk

* Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> [2011-03-02 06:31] writes:
On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 10:14:30PM +0000, Lucian Smith wrote:
Hello, all.  I am investigating how to modify a system that currently uses
libxml, with its core parsing done by calling the function
'xmlParseChunk'.

I would like to expand the capabilities of the system to allow it to
expand xinclude directives.  However, all the ways I have discovered to do
this seem to be incompatible with only using xmlParseChunk--the
'xmlCtxtUseOptions' function does not even check the XML_PARSE_XINCLUDE
flag.

Is there any way to access xinclude auto-expansion within 'xmlParseChunk'?
Or am I going to have to pre-process or post-process the data?

xmlParseChunk is somehow a hack, as it not full proper XML parsing.

XInclude itself is not integrated in the parse phase, it's always a
post processing option, for example "xmllint --xinclude" just calls
xmlXIncludeProcessFlags() on the resulting document.

You will have to use xmlXIncludeProcessTreeFlags() on all the top
element node that xmlParseChunk may return to you.

Aha--thanks!  That's good to know.  As far as I can tell, xmlParseChunk
does not return any xmlNodePtr's--am I wrong?  If this is so, would I need
to construct my own xmlNode out of the information returned, and expand
that with xmlXIncludeProcessTreeFlags()?

-Lucian