Re: [xml] Memory Bug detection for gdome

On Wed, Mar 02, 2011 at 09:10:47AM +0100, Alexandre Gouraud wrote:
Hello,

I am currently trying to run gdome tests under cygwin but get segfaults.
Since I can't find with the debuger where the memory corruption occurs, I
tried to use the memory allocation hooks provided by the library. I have
written my own very simple memory allocator: One big chunk of memory is
allocated at first, and then pieces of this big chunk are provided on
demand. The memory is never freed (and I never run out of memory in this
particular case). I setup this memory allocator with:

xmlMemSetup(myFree, myMalloc, myRealloc,xmlMemStrdup);

And put this at the very begining of the test.

I get the results below. I was expecting the "Malloc at 0x... of ..." which
are produced by my own memory allocation routines. But I was not expecting
this

"Memory tag error occurs: 0x...
bye
xmlMemFree(...) error"

Which indicates that not all memory allocation routines have been hooked. I
suspect this is internal to the libxml. could this indicate a memory bug in
the library ?
I have libxml2 version 2.7.7

  I compile and run libxml2 with full regression tests using the memory
debug, so I doubt it's a libxml2 issue. But if gdome modify the tree
with a piece of memory allocated by malloc and then tries to free the
tree you will get this problem.

Daniel