Re: [xml] Trying to make libxml2 for arm (TI DaVinci)

David,

Thanks for the info.  (Please excuse me if I'm not replying in the proper
manner.  I haven't used a mail list in 20+ years!)

I'm still utterly confused...

Please assist me further with exact values to provide.  I have figured out
this evening to do "./configure --host HOST --build BUILD --target
TARGET", and so with your help I now know in general what to use for
HOST=BUILD and TARGET.  However, I still don't know the exact values.

HOST=BUILD: On my Ubuntu/VMWare/WindowsXP system, I find /usr/bin/gcc that
I believe builds for this machine.  When I provide no --host at all, it
finds this one.  But looking at the configure file, I think I must provide
a --host AND --build in order to cause cross_compile=yes.

TARGET: I also find /opt/arm-2009q1/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/gcc which I
know compiles for my target.  However, inside the configure file I see it
really wants to but a dash in there.

Note also I saw configure searching $PATH, so I prefixed it with
/opt/arm-2009q1/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin.  This helps it find the
cross-compiler, but I believe at a time when it wants to compile a program
to run on the host (or build machine), not the target.

Thanks *VERY* much,
Helmut