Re: [xml] Trying to make libxml2 for arm (TI DaVinci)

On Fri, 2011-02-04 at 16:16 -0500, Helmut Forren wrote:
When I also try to add --host, I don't know what value to provide.  I'm
not sure if "host" refers to my target (arm processor) or the machine I'm
compiling from (Ubuntu).  I would think I need to specify --target and not
--host.  I'm just totally confused!

There are three "players" when you are cross-compiling:

HOST - that's the machine that is doing the initial compile of the
tools.
BUILD - that is the machine that will be using the tools to make the
program.
TARGET - that is the machine that will be running the program.

So your host machine is the one you are doing the configure on, as is
the build machine. The target is the ARM.

Likely, in your case, host would be x86_64-linux-gnu or i386-linux-gnu.