Re: [xml] validation fails for embedded RELAX NG schema

On Mon, Aug 03, 2009 at 06:25:02PM -0400, Jerzy Jalocha N wrote:
I think that you all have sent me enough evidence, that shows that
embedding a RELAX NG schema in an arbitrary document doesn't work, and
is probably not valid.

  Even more complex based on the fact that except for simple RNG
schemas, they are usually built with multiple files using imports
or includes. And such a scheme would prevent growth and reuse
of your schemas as RNG processors would not know how to extract
the data. I'm afraid it's a bit of a dead end, RNG explicitely
allows being populated with elements from extra namespaces, but
really wasn't expected to be embbedded itself (contrary to XSLT).
Suggestion is to try to go back to bare schemas, or extract them
with standard tools (XSLT ...)

Daniel