Re: [xml] LibXML for embedded systems?

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 11:17:07 -0700, "Rush Manbert" <rush manbert com>
said:
I'm a happy libxml user, but since you said this, I'll throw out
another idea for you.

Depending on your requirements, JSON-formatted messages might be
easier to deal with. Encoders, parsers, and checkers are available for
many languages.

See http://www.json.org/ for more info.

- Rush

That actually doesn't sound like a bad idea. For me it basically boils
down to which is faster and requires less memory. I suspect that JSON
would likely be the more efficient option, but I need to either find
benchmarks or compute them myself.

Anyway, I don't want to dwell too much on JSON on this mailing list - a
quick Google review tells me it's an inflammatory topic.

Thanks,
Adam