[xml] Writing XML vs SAX parser

Hi,

In James Henstridge's article "Using the SAX Interface of LibXML", he
says (w.r.t. disadvantages of using the SAX interface) "Unless you build
a DOM style tree from your application's internal representation for the
data, you can't as easily write the XML file back to disk. This is not a
concern if your program only reads XML files, and does not write them."

I don't intend on building a DOM-style tree (the whole point of using
SAX for me is avoiding the memory bloat), so what exactly is this harder
way that James is referring to? If you could just point me to a set of
function calls or a documentation file that'd be great.

Thanks again,
Adam