Re: [xml] LibXML for embedded systems?

On Sep 24, 2008, at 6:15 AM, libxml irotas net wrote:

<snip>

I don't need any particularly fancy XML features - the only reason I'm
considering XML is because we would like the messages to be easily
interpreted by a variety of platforms and programming languages.

I'm a happy libxml user, but since you said this, I'll throw out another idea for you.

Depending on your requirements, JSON-formatted messages might be easier to deal with. Encoders, parsers, and checkers are available for many languages.

See http://www.json.org/ for more info.

- Rush